Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Society of Illustrators 55th Annual: Gold Medal





Tonight I found out that I have achieved something I could've only dreamed of achieving years into my career. Tonight I found out that I was awarded A Gold Medal in Advertising by the Society of Illustrators New York for their 55th Annual Exhibition. I want to take a moment to thank all friends , family , and of course my instructors. I couldn't of even dreamed of getting where I am today without your support and guidance. This is not only a win for me but a win for all of you.......



Above is the piece I was fortunate enough to win the award for.



9 comments:

  1. Wow Ray! How old are you again?? Man, that is a huge honor -- congratulations!! Very nice piece and shows your style well...good for you, enjoy the validation --

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY RAYYYYY!!!!! Congrats!!! You deserve this so much. Your work is so bold and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. I feel extremely blessed and fortunate to even be accepted into the book much less win this award. Definitely a bucket list item for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I am so proud of you! Keep reaching for the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so proud of this remarkable achievement! Can't wait to see you to celebrate in person!
    Titi Becky & Tio Reinaldo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well deserved is what I say! Congratulations man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much everyone. Its a very humbling award for me as well as a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete