Sunday, March 22, 2009

Printer recommendations

After Wonder Con happened, I realized my printer was horrible at printing out reproductions of work . So that being said , anybody have any recommendations for a good printer that wont put me immediately in the poor house ? I know Dusty , Sam , and Tyler had some recommendations but I totally don't remember them .So if you all could post the model numbers and if you know roughly what you paid for them that would be awesome. Thanks guys. Now back to painting.........and animating...

6 comments:

  1. I've got the epson Stylus photo R2880, it and its whole line is pretty swanky. It is a 19 inch wide printer though, so if you are looking for a smaller one thats not much help.

    Print quality is so far great, the only things that bug me are that 1) you have to swap between matte and gloss black ink and 2) every time you change a cartridge, it cleans the heads of ALL the cartridges, thus wasting ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the large format Canon printers do not waste the ink the same way, and the print quality is also excellent. But I am also more familiar with Epson. Mine's a Stylus 2200, the slightly older version of Dusty's. When I got it, it had been out for a little bit, but was still in the 450-ish range, as far as price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to have a smaller format Canon, and the one thing I found ( and it might just me not calibrating things right) was that if I printed photos, it was absolutely perfect, but if I printed art, it always seemed really off. Also it had a tendency to print very red/purple on certain glossy papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait you were at wondercon?!? Where the hell were you bastard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ray. So the one i have is the epson artison 800. ran me something like 300. It is pretty good and puts out some nice prints. It eats a lot of ink though which is probably normal. In fact, if i were to do it again, i would have just waited and got a printer that could print 11 by 17. Anyways thats my two cents

    ReplyDelete